Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sweet Revenge: Is It Really Worth It?

Have you ever felt like you needed to exact revenge on somebody that has said or done something to embarrass you? How many of you can actually say that revenge actually stopped the person from going after you again? People can be cruel sometimes. I haven't told many people about this, but when I was in 4th grade, I was a victim of emotional and physical abuse. There was only one instance where my "so-called" friends kicked me and resorted to physical abuse. As much as the physical abuse hurt me, the emotional abuse hurt way much more.

In 3rd grade, I was this happy-go-lucky 9 year old girl. But the very next year, every girl in the class had turned on me and started picking on me because they saw me as the weakest link. They learned that they could call me names or force me to do what they wanted, making me think that I would get something that I wanted in return. But in the end, they never gave me anything that they had promised me. Since I was shy and introverted young girl back then, I just stood back and let them push me around and put me down. I came home almost every single day of school, crying and wishing that the bullying would end. My parents would see if cry and comfort me and try to talk me through the situation. They would try to tell me how to handle the situation, but how was I supposed to take advice from my parents when they hadn't gone through anything like I had? Every time I was bullied at school, my parents would let the teacher know and she would have these separate group talks. But it just made everything worse. I felt like everytime we had to have group talks during our recesses, the teacher was just singling me out that I was the one that reported the problem. The girls all knew that I was the only one they picked on and they came after me even harder. Now, I just wished that I had the strength to stand up for myself, or even to just decide to not hang out with them.

I have to live with my experiences for the rest of my life. I resented what happened to me and hated the girls that bullied me for years to come. But that's in the past now. I may always hate what they did, but I can't let them run my life. I am stronger now because of that experience and I will not let anyone mess with my head again. The trick is to stand up for yourself and not let what the person says bother you.

The following link is a story that I wrote. It is a sequel to A Family's Support. After what happened in the previous story, the characters thought that they had to take revenge, instead of letting them receive their own consequences that are awaiting them later on. Sweet Revenge

No comments:

Post a Comment